Monthly Archives: November 2011

Post-Thanksgiving Shopping

Shopping is a big part of the Thanksgiving celebration, and the merchandising businesses use their unique marketing tools to compete with each other and attract customers to their business. It reminds me of a reasearch paper about marketing and psychology. Ihe research shows that the sale price of a woman’s dress was raised from $34 to $39, and sales increased 33%. Is that hard to believe? It is the “99 cents” marketing magic! Be careful, do not get lost in the post-Thanksgiving shopping crowd!

Money Matter

I like lyric of U2 ” Work like you don’t need money, love like you’ve never been hurt, and dance like no one’s watching.”

Comment on Prof. O’Donnell’s Article

Comments

2 Responses to “There’s an App for that”

1. Yin Liu says:

Being a transfer student at Temple, it is all about fresh experience and creativity: new school, new class, and new way of teaching and learning. We are not the passive “duck” waiting for the Professor to feed us. We became the owner of learning, and we walked to the center of the teaching stage. With IPad’s help, team’s presentations are full of a variety of different flavors: videos, links, facebook, and tweeter. All these media make learning more fun and visible. With our IPads we had completed a quiz on facebook, we surfed the web to support our material, we did question-answers match activates, and we reviewed lectures and presentations. We are all connected, engaged, and interact during classes, and we discuss subjects and give feedback after presentations. Everything is so efficient. I am so excited and amazed about the class and new technology. I am thinking about adding MIS as my minor with International Business Administration. I am lucky to be in Prof. O’Donnell’s class. He offers us career advice, he inspires critical thinking, he encourages us to be the owner of learning, and he gives us a chance to practice in real world. It is a fantastic learning experience.

comment on Steven Johnson’s post

I have similar a learning experience with the...
Yin Liu 11:17am Nov 19
I have similar a learning experience with the author with integrating IPad in my studies. My interest and appreciation for new technology reaches a historical high all because of my Prof. O’DonnelI brought the IPad to class. Looking back, I feel lucky to be in his class. I registered MIS in my first semester at Temple because the computer is my weakness, and I do not want to fall behind. I am a traditional learner, and I did not grow up in a high tech era or country. I got my IPod and IPhone they were in fashion. Until I used the IPad as a tool of study, I did not know of high tech’s power. We used textplus and edmodo app’s for presentations. Either people or groups were connected by IPad. We were reminded the following key concept, we did quiz’s and games and we got feedback immediately. It is fun and exciting learning atmosphere. In the past two weeks, I had three important meetings. Since I set reminders, it freed my mind to focus on my studies. I am reading my text books while traveling, I check messages between classes and short breaks. Now, I am pursuing my career in MIS. Efficiency and easy to use makes IPad a must to have. Buy one, the dividend rewards are beyond imagination.

Sent from my iPad

Original Post
Steven Johnson
Steven Johnson 7:16am Nov 18
I recommend y’all post comments on this page about your experience with using iPads in 2901. Chris has a huge audience and it would be great for him to hear about what’s going on in this class.

Education and Technology: Can They Coexist? ~ LockerGnome

www.lockergnome.com
When I went to high school, being caught in class with a Sony Walkman (the cassette playing version,…

View Post on Facebook · Edit Email Settings · Reply to this email to add a comment.

Yin’s E-Portfilio

Yin Liu                                       yin.liu@temple.edu
1301 Morris Court | North Wales | PA | 19454 | tel: 215.588.9185

EDUCATION:
TEMPLE UNIVERSITY, Fox School of Business, Philadelphia, PA
Bachelor of Business Administration, Graduation: May 2013
Major: International Business Administration; Minor: MIS
GPA: 3.95 | Business Honors Program | University Honors Program

ACTIVITIES & AWARDS:
• Member of Business Honors Student Association and won Temple University Scholarship, 2011
• Involved in fundraising, donations, bakery sale, workshops, conference, and speaker events, 2011
• Member of Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society and won Summa Cum Laude, 2011
• Dean list: Fall, Summer, and Spring 2011; Summer and Spring 2010
• Won the Best Employee of Year 1990

EXPERIENCE:
China National Overseas Engineering Corporation, Dalian Branch December 1995 – April 2000
Project Manager, Import &Export Department
• Focused on Japanese market, developed new clients for export of seafood by air with high profit margins, added wild vegetables and clothing category to Japanese market
• Introduced Japanese client to Plastic Institute in Shanghai for investment
• Lived and managed in one of four Chinese Government Trading Centers in Africa, Centre Chinois au Mali pour l’investissement, l’expoitation et le Commerce in Bamako for two years

Ying Kou Paper Mill Import & Export Corporation, Dalian Branch June1989 – December1995
General Manager
• Founded & managed an office of nine employees to import raw material for producing and exporting paper products worldwide
• Built strong relationships with a variety of channels & clients; visited and expanded Indian and Hong Kong main export markets; exported value $14 million in 1990
• Negotiated import contract terms in United Kingdom in 1989, a $5 million machine was shipped two weeks early; saving time and added value of output

China National Light Industrial Products Import & Export Corporation, Liaoning Branch
Business Representative, Paper Products Department                        July 1987 – June 1989
• Learned and worked with 15 business experts team
• Attended the biggest foreign trade fair in Guangzhou, yearly, with 500 member delegation
• Met and negotiated with existing clients from all over the world and developed new potential buyers

SKILLS & LANGUAGES
• Able to use Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, Power Point software; basic knowledge of SAP software
• Native Chinese speaker and fluent in English (oral and written)
• Certificate of foreign trade at University of Northeast Finance and Economics, Dalian, China
• Certificate of advance English at College of Dalian Foreign Language, Dalian, China
• Diploma of English at Ying Kou Education College, Ying Kou, China

My favorite links:
http://online.wsj.com/public/us
http://www.nytimes.com/
www.getabstract.com/
www.hbr.org
www.cnn.com
www.csrwire.com/
www.esp.org/
www.yahoo.com/
www.whitehouse.gov/administration/eop/cea/
www.community.mis.com/

My interests:
Listening to jazz and classical music, playing violin, painting, travelling, cooking, reading, and fashion.

Hello world!

Welcome to Temple Fox MIS. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!