Harry A. Cochran Professor in MIS
Professor of Strategy
Director, Center for Design+Innovation
PI, Urban Apps & Maps Studios
Fox School of Business, Temple University
201A Speakman Hall
1810 N. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- a response to the critics of my recent HBR piece September 1, 2015An HRB article I wrote with Kyungmook Kim, entitled “How Samsung Became A Design Powerhouse”, stirred up rather strong reactions from some of the readers. I feel that it is important respond to those criticism. Below is the reply that...
- 한 친구가 있다 August 30, 2015나에게는 오래된 친구들이 몇 있다. 지금 생각해 보면, 국민학교 친구, 중학교 친구, 고등학교 친구, 그리고 대학교와 대학원 친구. 성격이 까칠해서 많은 친구를 사기지 못했지만, 그때 그때 마다 오랫동안 남아서 여운을 남기는 그런 친구들이 있다. 그런 친구들 중의 한명을 몇 년전에...
- new business model of scholarly journals and buying off citations? June 12, 2015I have noticed that scholarly journals are increasingly making their articles available for free if the authors pay certain fees. The fees can be quite expensive (several thousand dollars). I was told that making the article available online for free...
- Blackberries in my life April 8, 2015
- introducing Jumpbutton Studio April 8, 2015One of the goals of Apps & Maps Studios is to teach urban youth design and technology so that they can become entrepreneurs (see another story on this here.) It is being to bear fruits. One of our students, Nick...