Harry A. Cochran Professor in MIS
Professor of Strategy
Director, Center for Design+Innovation
PI, Urban Apps & Maps Studios
Fox School of Business, Temple University
201A Speakman Hall
1810 N. 13th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122
- About electronic patient record systems March 27, 2015Existing solutions for electronic patient record systems fail because they begin with a wrong assumption. As I understand it, the original patient record system was invented by Mayo clinic in 1907. The idea is that for each patent, the hospital...
- Digital Innovation and Design December 9, 2014This is a keynote presentation that I made at ISB Digital Summit this summer.
- digitalization of products and the changing landscape of design September 8, 2014Ever since the introduction of iPhone featuring a flat multi-touch screen that replaced physical keyboards, the scope of traditional industrial design on new product developments has been shrinking. Instead of providing physical interface, many companies opted to offer software-defined functions...
- What Samsung Could Have and Should Have Done Today September 4, 2014Samsung unveiled Galaxy Note Edge which is featuring a curved screen. It offers a new possibility that enable offer new ways to use smartphones. Yet, as many reporters have already pointed out, whether this “innovation” will succeed or not largely...
- Apps and Maps BITs 2014 Summer Program July 21, 2014Over the last three years, Temple University's Urban Apps & Maps Studios has been running Apps & Maps BITs Summer Program. This year, 95 girls and 84 boys are participating in the program. They are working with over 30 Temple...