This Year
No Points
Total
1080 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Philly Tech Week 2019 Presented by Comcast

The name of the event I attended is called the Philly Tech Week Kickoff. It takes place this year from Friday May 3, 2019 – Saturday May 11, 2019. I attended this event in the Lincode building on Friday May 3 in Old City, Philadelphia. Lincode is a private owned company that provides people with virtual private servers. A virtual private server is a machine sold by an internet hosting service to be used as its own copy of an operating system. This means it gives customers the opportunity to install any software they want that runs on that specific operating system. During this event I got to meet a lot of new people that taught me the specifics of Lincode itself and what Tech week was all about. This event consisted of different technologists, artists, and entrepreneurs showing off their new collections. For example, one woman introduced me to various Kombucha drinks while another introduced me to what Cloud hosting is and even offered me a Lincode webcam cover. I believe this activity can relate to my coursework because the event consisted of different forms of not only technology but different businesses in general. As an MIS major I am learning how business and technology can be combined together in the real world and I believe this event gave me a good understanding of that.

Skip to toolbar