Period: 09/05/2016 – 09/20/2016
Hours to Date: 10
Accomplishments for September 23, 2016
- We met the engineering team in-person and scheduled a weekly project meeting.
- We created communication channels between the project management team and the engineers. We created GroupMe chats, a project-specific Gmail account, and a shared Google Drive folder.
- We drafted a project charter, work breakdown structure, and problem statement.
- The engineers sent us information about the project via official project requirements document, their website, and their resources requirement document.
Goals for September 21-30, 2016
- Finalize the project charter and receive engineers’ signatures.
- Create a WBS andcc verify all breakdown tasks with engineers.
- Create and finalize a schedule.
- Complete our risk management plan, communications plan, quality management plan, and change management plan.
- It has been really difficult keeping the engineering team focused. Agendas and discussion questions have not not helped at all.
- It is possible that the engineering team isn’t cooperating because we as project managers have not effectively exerted our leadership.
- One of our PMs is in Messina’s class, and Messina’s schedule is behind Doyle’s.
- The PM team is learning how to effectively manage projects while trying to lead a project. Our inexperience has created confusion between us and may have decreased our credibility with the engineering team.
- Conflicting schedules have hindered collaboration.