This Year
No Points
Total
1070 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Summer 2015 Internship – JPMorgan Chase

This summer I interned at JPMorgan Chase as a business technology analyst on the Mortgage Banking Service Integration Team, a development team that focuses on creating and maintaining middleware applications within the mortgage banking business segment.  My internship experience was particularly unique because the Community & Consumer Banking Middleware Technology Organization that my team is a part of was going through a major realignment.  This realignment required certain teams to stop using a software development methodology of waterfall and to adopt agile.  I was tasked with easing the transition of teams being realigned and with helping to restructure how the teams organize their work.  To ease the transition, I developed an agile metrics template that will be used for groups new to the methodology to track and measure their progress.  Developing the metrics template required me to learn a tremendous amount about how a software development team using agile operates.  I then had to apply that knowledge to develop metrics that could add value for management.  Additionally, I helped restructure how teams being realigned organize their work in JIRA, which is the issue tracking software that is used.  I gained valuable, hands-on experience onboarding other teams to get them accustomed to the changes, managing change resistance, and developing the content of documentation that will be distributed across the organization.  Interning as a business technology analyst at JPMorgan Chase was a rewarding and enjoyable experience.

Skip to toolbar