Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
- Sales automation – clean-up and reporting from our CRM system. We use SAP Hybrid Cloud for Customer.
- Regular Reporting – run and format reports from multiple systems including Cloud for Customer, IQNavigator, SAP, Fieldglass, Bullhorn, etc. for distribution to customers and internal departments to help manage their business.
- Surveying Process – Pull reports from the system for analysis and inclusion in customer reviews
- Data Handling – pull data from Bullhorn and other applications. Assist with business review process.
- Sales Support – Provide industry insights including sales research on customers as well as rate analysis in support of proposal and customer requests.
Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Harris ATS-VMS API configuration – Create a single spreadsheet with unique identifiers that will identify a candidate, job, company, and placement for data merge.
- Maxsys – Working with Bullhorn engineers to delete duplicate profiles within the ATS after a business acquisition.
- QBR – Export, manipulate and present quarterly data for MSP clients that our PMO teams present. Spend, contractor headcount, supplier scorecards, and term reports are key elements in the metrics of the QBR.
- Matador – Collect data from our current Bullhorn users and compile them for leadership to review and decide what changes to make to our ATS system. The purpose is to optimize Bullhorn to drive business success.
- IS2 access Sandbox – Heading my own project working with InsightSquared Engineers to create a sandbox test environment in IS2, connected to our production Bullhorn, in order to build test dashboards and Access Groups that would limit what our team leads see and edit. This is to build a hierarchy within IS2 that somewhat mirrors our financial profit center hierarchy.
What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- Not only have I developed great professional skills in my time in an office, but the different data warehouses that are spoken about in my MIS courses drive the BI team. The team lived in C4C, Bullhorn, Fieldglass and InsightSquared. Our sales teams reported in SAP C4C, where I would export data daily and upload into our data visualization tool, IS2. Our recruiters and salespersons in specialty used our Bullhorn ATS to track our applicants, there companies and placements. And Fieldglass was for our program managers, and that data was extracted for our Quarterly Business Reviews. Although I know of many other uses for these systems, I really got a close look at our front line business; our sales persons. While one road of MIS can take you down the SQL park, I enjoyed the data reporting and analysis part. Looking at the data, pivoting it out in Excel, finding mistakes and even offering my ideas of how to make the process better was my favorite part. My time in MIS data analytics really prepared me for this internship and this internship therefore prepared me for my classes to come.