No Points
Total
1030 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

AstraZeneca IT Internship

astrazeneca

This summer I will be working in Wilmington Delaware to better my self as a MIS major and as a business student by learning from my peers in the IT internship program. My job responsibilities include various IT responsibilities including, technology research, business case development, requirements documentation, project management, architecture blueprints, portfolio management, and ad-hoc projects.

I have officially finished my internship with AstraZeneca as an IT intern. I learned a number of new software’s such as SnapLogic, Revitas, Slack as well as learning new skills like project management and what it takes to be a successful business analyst. During my time, I worked in the North American IT division and I also supported MAPS BEU which stands for Market Access Patient Strategy.

Some of the specific projects I worked on included creating pipelines in SnapLogic, Validating data in Revitas, and analyzing the capabilities of Slack against AstraZeneca current software.

SnapLogic, which was my main project all summer, is a program that has many capabilities but at it’s core it is a cloud integration product that allows users to connect cloud-based data and applications. I created many pipelines this summer but my main project was to create a pipeline that would automatically search Box.com for a specific file in my folder once a day. If it would find the file in my Box.com account it would send the data to a specific user.

Revitas is where AstraZeneca stores many of it’s contracts it receives from states and companies. During my time at AstraZeneca I used the validation functionality of Revitas to clean up and scrub data within the program.

My last project was a group project I had with the other IT interns in the company. We had to look at Slack.com, a collaborative office communication tool combining email, instant messaging, integrations such as Box.com, Google drive, Jira, and many more. Then we had to compare Slack to our current office softwares such as MS Link, Outlook, Box.com, SharePoint, WebEx, and Chatter. Once we completed that process we then presented our findings to upper management.

I had a great time this summer learning about what it takes to be a great business analyst and a project manager.

http://www.astrazeneca.com/Home

Skip to toolbar