My time as an intern at Deloitte was fantastic. I worked in the technology consulting practice of Deloitte’s Government and Public Service sector. Deloitte provided me with:
- Insights into the Government and Public Sectors
- Insights into the Consulting services they provide for their clients
- Sessions where I was able to hear from, and ask questions to Deloitte leaders
- The ability to build upon my soft skills; prudent to success in the consulting industry
- The ability to network with other Summer Scholars and established employees of the firm
I was also provided the chance to work on a team with other summer scholars as part of an Innovation challenge. The challenge had us find a solution for a public sector client to improve their process when filing for unemployment benefits. Furthermore, I was provided the opportunity to learn more about the emerging, and current technologies that are being used to help clients. Two technologies that were specifically covered were cloud and intelligent automation. These sessions were impactful because they taught me more about these technologies than was already covered in current MIS courses. For example, learning how practical certain technologies may be in certain situations; as well as the complimentary tools that may be used.