No Points
Total
1170 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Operations Intern at InfoMC Summer 2016

Operations Intern at InfoMC
During the summer of 2016 I was able to secure a position as an operations intern under the departments of Information Technology and Quality Assurance at InfoMC. According to their site:
InfoMC Inc. is a leading provider of cloud-based healthcare management and care coordination software. InfoMC provides healthcare management and care coordination technology to commercial and public sector markets.

This internship gave me the opportunity to work on my technical skills in both a corporate internal network as well as a cloud based environment. I was responsible of supporting the 30+ internal and remote users. Their problems would vary from hardware issues, network connectivity problems, software management, and other IT related problems. These problems needed to be properly documented using Team Foundation Server, but I also created general runbooks regarding reoccurring issues. I helped maintain user accounts using active directory and running powershell scripts on various virtual servers. These tasks helped me become comfortable with understanding a physical network issues and how they would relate to performance issue in our virtual environments. I also developed a familiarity with AWS tools which I used for both or client’s and our environments. I also had a various IT related projects throughout the summer as well. I created virtual lab in order to test all issues before implementing my solutions to problems in our actual environments. I also helped my COO create a cost benefit analysis regarding various IT projects such as laptop replacement vs warranty renewal or using AWS vs hosting on our internal servers

My experience at InfoMC gave me a true understanding how IT and the rest of the business needs to have constant open communications in order to have the most productive environment. I had to take into account risk management of deciding on how to approach issues. I was able to work on my problem solving and communication skills by working on varying difficulties of IT problems in smaller cooperation. I maintained a detailed agenda in order to meet with employees, talk to suppliers, and help clients The experiences I had and skills that I developed while interning at InfoMC will only enhance the success I have when becoming a future IT professional.

Skip to toolbar