This Year
No Points
Total
1040 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Project Manager Internship – Fall 2016

During the Fall 2016 semester, I am continuing my internship at Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) as a project manager intern at approximately 20 hours per week. I have been helping my mentor, Sherri Pennington, with projects until her departure from PGW on October 28, 2016. I have taken on two projects to finish after Sherri left which are the Four Winds Project and RiskMaster. Four Winds is a project where PGW is looking for a solution to communicate many kinds of information to its employees. The content will be displayed on television systems all throughout PGW’s premises. RiskMaster is a tool that allows the Legal and Risk Departments to work together on claims. For these projects, I schedule and attend meetings and ensure that all tasks are carried out effectively, update project plans as the project changes over time, and complete various documents such as project charters and user acceptance signoffs. I manage the project’s resources because everyone has a certain task on the project. I check up on them when a specific task in the project plan is supposed to be accomplished by a certain date and plan if any discrepancies arise. I also meet regularly with the vendors of the solutions to make sure that they are on schedule and am aware of any conflicts. Since Sherri Pennington has left PGW, I will be working with Mark Dunn, another project manager for the foreseeable future. Most of Mark’s projects are related to customer affairs and I will be helping him wherever needed. I will also be working on two small projects for Joseph Szlanic, Director of Enterprise Strategic Services. I will be managing these two projects from kickoff meeting to Go Live. More details about those projects will come in the next week or two.

Skip to toolbar