Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020
- Job Description
- The EDGE Program is a rotational program within Global Services where young professionals are empowered through immersive learning focused on technology enabled business solutions. The BD EDGE Program associates leverage best practices and new technologies while progressing through diverse rotations on a global scale. By enabling peer and executive mentorship, as well as impactful opportunities, the EDGE program encourages associates to grow professionally as they support BD in serving the global community by advancing the world of health.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
- Create Microsoft Power BI Dashboards to analyze the Adoption Rates of the Global User Adoption Department.
- Develop the Global Information Security Phishing simulation to be deployed out to all employees.
- Lead strategic project planning and initiatives throughout Global Services.
- Update internal associate website using CMS best practices.
- Improve user experience for all associates of BD by pushing IT campaigns.
- Communicate with Global Services Leadership Team to lead quarterly town halls.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- I learned the importance of analyst and soft skills in an IT setting. Digital Solutions Studio gave me the skills to help me successfully drive my projects throughout this whole internship. I was able to make key decisions regarding my project, while keeping in mind the level of my stakeholders, communicate technology concepts to people in areas outside of IT, and learn more about technology each day.