This Year
No Points
Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Work Experience

Peak Solutions is a information technology staffing company based out of central Pennsylvania.  The company sells computer technology training seminars to a wide variety of clients.  I worked at Peak Solutions for four years.  I had several responsibilities which included building desktop computers by installing hardware components.  This included items such as motherboards, power supplies, AMD processors, DVDs, and software drivers.  I also installed operating system, software drivers, and application software.  Part of the job involved cloning classroom computer hard drives.  I did this by using Copy Commander and Active Disk Image software.  I also maintained computers, replaced broken parts, upgraded hard drives, and other tasks preparing the classroom for use.

While I was studying abroad in Rome, I was fortunate enough to be able to participate in a business internship program.  I worked for Gambero Rosso for all of the 2014 fall semester.  Gambero Rosso is an Italian gastronomy publishing company that has a colossal reach in all forms of media.  Gambero Rosso started as a section of a newspaper and has expanded to a company that has its own successful magazine, TV channel, guides, books, app, and much more.  I worked for them as a Social Media Strategist, I was responsible for making posts on several different social media platforms for their English speaking audience.  I created various blog posts on social media regarding relevant gastronomy topics.  I also researched company competitors and analyzed activities.  I wanted to connect my major with the work I was doing abroad.  I took it upon myself to record and analyze success and online activity weekly.  I discovered an increase in social media membership by 31% by the end of my internship program.

During multiple summers and my senior year of high school I worked at Five Below, a discount retail store.  I still have worked at Five Below during winter breaks throughout my college career.  I excelled in the store because of my people and leadership skills.  My job required me to handle all monetary transaction, which during seasonal time averaged $30,000 in daily sales.  I also served as truck crew which involved replenishing stock and I was responsible for inventory.  I also maintained store cleanliness and assisted shopping customers.

Skip to toolbar