Linh Nhat Tran

Major: BBA MIS
Graduation: May 2020

Student

MIS Badge

Official Professional Achievement badge awarded by the Department of Management Information Systems

Click here to validate the recipient

About Subaru of America

• Founded in 1968
  • U.S. Sales and Marketing subsidiary of Subaru Corporation of Japan
  • Subaru’s cars: reliability, traction and “active safety”
  • Subaru’s product line: Impreza, WRX, STI, BRZ, Legacy, Outback, Forester, and Crosstrek.
  • Markets and distributes vehicles, parts, and accessories through a network of 630+ retailers across the US.

My role at Subaru:

• I interned at Field Quality Department (FQA).
  • FQA deals with claims and cases from retailers, dealerships, CRS regarding customer vehicle’s quality issues. My team makes sure the quality of the vehicles meets the standard -> retain and attract more customers, who trust in our marketing brand: “making safety cars”.
  • My internship could be divided into 4 main tasks:
    • Analyzed claims and assess how big a specific issue is using analytics tools (R-studio, OracleBI). Generated dashboards and dashboards/reports from these tools.
    • Assisted in quality assurance projects, system enhancement project
    • Documented claim analysis procedure for easy reference in the future.
    • Brainstormed, attended meetings with IT to develop a new app for claims retrieval & analysis. Tested, compared and contrasted between old and new underdevelopment app.

How this internship relates to what I learned in school

• Were able to apply  some of the techniques and skills from MIS classes to my daily work:
    • ETL techniques from Data Analytics class to clean data,
    • UX approach from MIS 3535 to further improve an existing tool
    • Flash research papers from MIS 2501 for new software proposal, etc.
  • Excel skills from BA 2401 is fully utilized.

Professional Achievements

Skip to toolbar