Module 4 Readings
For links that take you to the Temple library, search for the article title using Summon. Check the syllabus for more information.
Session 11.1: November 7
- Knowing Just Enough about Relational Databases (Rosenblum and Dorsey)
- How To Explain Hadoop to Non-Geeks (Bertolucci)
Session 11.2: November 9
- How to Structure Source Data for Excel Pivot Tables & Unpivot (Acampora) NOTE: Use firefox or Chrome to open.
Session 12.1: November 14
- Unstructured Data in a Big Data Environment (Hurwitz et al.)
- Techniques and Applications for Sentiment Analysis (Feldman)
Session 12.2: November 16
Session 13.1: November 28
- What Analytics Can Teach Us About the Beautiful Game (Paine)
- Big Data Analytics: Descriptive vs. Predictive vs. Prescriptive (Bertolucci)
Session 13.2: November 30
- They’re Watching You at Work (Peck)