Module 4 Readings
For links that take you to the Temple library, search for the article title using Summon. Check the syllabus for more information.
Session 11.1: April 4
- Knowing Just Enough about Relational Databases (Rosenblum and Dorsey)
- How To Explain Hadoop to Non-Geeks (Bertolucci)
Session 11.2: April 6
- How to Structure Source Data for Excel Pivot Tables & Unpivot (Acampora) NOTE: Use firefox or Chrome to open.
Session 12.1: April 11
- Unstructured Data in a Big Data Environment (Hurwitz et al.)
- Techniques and Applications for Sentiment Analysis (Feldman)
Session 12.2: April 13
Session 13.1: April 18
- What Analytics Can Teach Us About the Beautiful Game (Paine)
- Big Data Analytics: Descriptive vs. Predictive vs. Prescriptive (Bertolucci)
Session 13.2: April 20
- They’re Watching You at Work (Peck)