Section 005, Instructor: Shana Pote

Assignments

Assignment 5: Final (Group) Project: Due Thursday, December 7 at 5:30 p.m.

Here are the assignment instructions.  Groups MUST be 3-4 members.  You may not do this assignment on your own or in smaller groups than 3.

When your assignment is complete, you’re going to email ALL files ((1) the slide deck, (2) your data set, and (3) your infographic)) with the subject ““MIS0855: Assignment 5” to me at MIS0855.h6xo7208v2mgk0g6@u.box.com from your Temple email account. If your upload is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

If you don’t receive a confirmation email, it likely means your submission was not successful. Try again, and contact me if you’re having recurrent issues.

The assignment is due December 7, 2017 at 5:30 p.m. We’ll do the presentations throughout the December 7 class session until all groups have presented.

Assignment 3: Cleaning a Data Set

Assignment 3 is due before class (5:30pm) on Thursday, October 26, 2017. Here are the instructions (in Word)   (and as a PDF).  Make sure you read them carefully!  This is an assignment that should be done individually.

And here is the data file you’ll need: VandelayOrders(Jan).xlsx.

When your assignment is complete, you’re going to email both files (answer sheet in .docx or .pdf format, and cleaned .xls file) to me at MIS0855.h6xo7208v2mgk0g6@u.box.com from your Temple email account. If your upload is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

If you don’t receive a confirmation email, it likely means your submission was not successful. Try again, and contact me if you’re having recurrent issues.

Assignment 4: Data Visualization (Temple Analytics Challenge)

Here is the assignment.   It is due by midnight on October 31, 2017. But start early!

When your assignment is complete, you’re going to email both .PDF files to me at MIS0855.h6xo7208v2mgk0g6@u.box.com from your Temple email account. If your upload is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

Want extra credit? Enter your deliverable in the Temple Analytics Challenge! You don’t need to do anything more to the assignment except submit it to the competition and you could win up to $2,500!

Assignment 2: Analyze a Data Set Using Tableau

Here is the assignment.

Here is the worksheet as a Word document to make it easy to fill in and submit (along with your Tableau file).

And here is the data file you will need to complete the assignment [In-Class Exercise 2.1 – 2015 Car Fuel Econ [Start].xlsx].

When your assignment is complete, you’re going to email both the Word doc (in .docx or .pdf format) AND the Tableau file to me at MIS0855.h6xo7208v2mgk0g6@u.box.com from your Temple email account. If your upload is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

Your assignment must be submitted by 5:30pm, October 5, 2017 to be on time.

Assignment #1: Creating a Data Analysis Plan

We will review this assignment and instructions in class on September 7. Please read through prior to that class to be better prepared with questions.

Here are the instructions in word  (and as a PDF). Make sure you read them carefully!

When your assignment is complete, you’re going to email the document to me in .docx or .pdf format at MIS0855.h6xo7208v2mgk0g6@u.box.com from your Temple email account. If your upload is successful, you’ll receive a confirmation receipt via email from the Temple OwlBox system. SAVE THIS RECEIPT! It is your proof that your submission was submitted, the name of the document, and the time/date of submission.

Your assignment must be submitted by 5:30pm, September 21, 2017 to be on time. You can always check the Syllabus for Assignment due dates. Remember, and this is also in the Syllabus:

“Late Deliverable Policy
A deliverable (assignment, weekly question response, or online quiz) is considered late if it is submitted after the beginning of class. No late deliverables will be accepted without penalty, and equipment failure is not an acceptable reason for turning in a deliverable late.
All assignments will be assessed a 20% penalty (subtracted from that assignment’s score) each day they are late. No credit will be given for assignments turned in more than three days past the due date. However, you must submit all assignments, even if no credit is given. If you skip an assignment, an additional 10 points will be subtracted from your final grade in the course. For example, if you do not turn in an assignment worth 5% of the course grade, you will receive no credit for that assignment plus a 10 point penalty, reducing your maximum grade in the course to an 85.”

Office Hours

Shana Pote
shana.pote@temple.edu

Alter Hall 232
Class time: 5:30-8pm, Thursdays
Office hours: Thursdays, 1 hour before class, or by appointment.