Hello and welcome to MIS2402, section 2. I look forward to our first class together.
Many students ask me how they can best prepare for the course. I have some advice! Everyone should be doing the following before we first meet as a class.
- Download and install the course related software before the start of class. Installation instructions can be found on the Software page.
- Windows PC users should install VS Code and Bitvise
- Mac OS users should install VS Code and FileZilla.
- Please note – while either platform can be used successfully in this class, most exercises and challenges are written with Windows PC screenshots and terminology.
- Sign in to http://lynda.temple.edu and watch the videos that will be assigned to you in the first weeks of the semester.
- The semester will begin with an assignment that will require you to watch a substantial amount of material on lynda.temple.edu.
- See the HTML Essentials Reference under the Links section of this page.
- The textbook for the class is optional. Some students really liked it last semester, but they were in the minority. If you think you will learn best from a tradition textbook, or that you might need it to supplement the classroom instruction, you can find out about it on the Course Materials page.
I look forward to seeing you in class on Wednesday 1/16.