Hello and welcome to MIS2402, section 4. I look forward to our first class together.
Many students ask me how they can best prepare for the course. I have some advice! Everyone should be doing the following before we first meet as a class.
- Download and install the course related software before the start of class. Installation instructions can be found on the Course Materials page.
- Windows PC users should install VS Code and Bitvise
- Mac OS users should install VS Code and FileZilla.
- Please note – while either platform can be used successfully in this class, most exercises and challenges are written with Windows PC screenshots and terminology.
- Sign in to lynda.temple.edu (or www.linkedin.com/learning/) and start watching the videos that will be assigned to you in the first weeks of the semester.
I look forward to seeing you in class on Tuesday 1/14.