The slide decks in this class are essentially our textbook. They contain all the core material you’ll need for the course.
- Check the schedule in the syllabus for the dates we are covering the material in each slide deck. Make sure you bring that session’s slide deck with you to class.
- You should take some time and review the slide deck prior to class.
- You should take notes during class. The slides lay everything out, but additional material and clarification is provided in class too.
- Material in the slide decks will help you with the in-class exercises. Keep them handy!
Here they are:
- Course Introduction and the Information Architecture of the Organization
- Relational Data Modeling
- SQL 1: Getting Information Out of a Database (review: MySQL and Workbench)
- SQL 2: Putting Information Into a Database
- Principles of Data Visualization
- Extract, Transform, Load
- Dimensional Data Modeling
- Advanced Data Analytics and R
files (2009BaseballTeamStats.csv | BaseballAnalysis.r)
- Decision Trees
- Association Rule Mining