The slide decks in this class are essentially our textbook. They contain all the core material you’ll need for the course. Some guidelines:
- Check the schedule for the dates we are covering the material in each slide deck. Make sure you bring that session’s slide deck with you to class.
- You should take notes during class.
- Material in the slide decks will help you with the in-class exercises and assignments.
Here they are:
- Course Introduction
- The Things You Can Do With Data
- Information Architecture of the Organization
- Relational Data Modeling
- SQL: Getting Information Out of a Database – Basic
- SQL: Getting Information Out of a Database – Advanced
- Principles of Data Visualization
- Semi-structured Data
- NoSQL: Getting Information Out of a Database – Basic
- NoSQL: Getting Information Out of a Database – Advanced
- Extract, Transform, Load
- Advanced Data Analytics and R – Supplement – Basic Statistics
– Supporting file : R Basics.r, 2009BaseballTeamStats.csv
- Decision Trees
- Association Rule Mining
– Supporting file: visualization in r