In this course students will develop skills needed to solve real-world problems using cloud-based resources. The course addresses topics in usability, accessibility, and fluid mobile-ready design that are important for any developer or manager of web development. This course aims to equip students with tools to help them translate prototypes into working products, and to prepare students for careers related to application development. Students are expected to enter this class with basic proficiency in PHP, MySQL, HTML and the fundamental skills covered in MIS3501.
- Create a data-driven application that leverages cloud-based resources
- Present dynamic content using AJAX
- Understand how fluid, mobile-friendly designs are implemented using CSS.
- Translate business requirements into a database schema and corresponding set of web services.
- Understand client -server application architecture with a particular emphasis on web services.
Class Locations and Time
Section 3: Alter Hall 602 – 1:00pm – 2:20pm, Monday and Wednesday
Section 3 on the web: https://community.mis.temple.edu/mis3502sec003s2019
MIS2402 (or MIS3501). MIS 3406 (or MIS2501).