Internet Enabled Supply Chains
Due Date: February 26, 2019*
*due to the test on Feb 26, you can request a few extra days extra for submission of the beer game deliverables
We will complete the Root Beer Game as per the following schedule:
1. Practice session in class – in class February 19
2. Completion of round 1 – in class February 19. Record the performance of your group as per the submission sheet attached below.
3. After round 1, instructor resets the game and students are ready to start round 2 – February 21 (Instructor will send an email to the class when game is reset and students can start round 2)
4. Completion of round 2 and submission of deliverables – by February 26 (due to test 1 on that day, you can request a few days extra for submission)
A few rules while playing the beer game:
- Group members are not supposed to coordinate with each other during the practice session and round 1.
- They may coordinate for round 2.
- Also, in round 2, point of sale (POS) information visible to all roles (not just the retailer).
- Note that the demand pattern may change between the different rounds.
- The intent of playing multiple rounds is to demonstrate how manipulating certain aspects of the game can influence the performance of the supply chain.
Here is the deliverable for the beer game (one submission per Beer game group or per person if playing single player) – click here
The deliverable has two parts. One, complete the performance tables of your group. Two, prepare a short writeup on how you played the beer game, what strategies you employed, and how your strategies changed when you played the beer game for the second time compared to the first time.