Global Supply Chain Management Simulation
We will be running the Global Supply Chain Management (GSCM) simulation starting in class on April 16th.
In preparation for this, you need to:
- Organize into groups of two and have one individual from each team register for the simulation (note, only 1 account is needed per team). The registration can be completed at the HBSP website for the course – only one person per team should register .
An Extra Credit bonus of 0.5 point will be provided if you:
a) Complete the registration by Sunday, April 14th (noon) &
b) Post the username and e-mail address you used to register as a comment to this post. Also mention the name of your group member. You may enter your group info directly on Canvas under People -> GSCM Groups.
2. Read through the attached instructions before we begin the simulation. This will give you an overview of the game, how it works and what some of your activities (e.g. decisions) will be.
3. Print out or store electronically the Student Record sheet (below). You will use this sheet during the course of the simulation to record your decisions and actions.
The deliverables for this assignment are:
- Student Record Sheet – please complete this as you work on the simulation. Enter detailed explanations for each decision in the space provided. Submit the completed record sheets for all 4 years.
- Table to fill only when you complete year 4. Comment on which costs (as fraction of revenue) are high, and how you can improve.
The due date for submission of all deliverables is April 23rd, 2019 @ 5:30 pm (beginning of class). Due to the test on that day, you can request an extension on this assignment without any penalty.