MIS 3537 Internet and Supply Chains
Due Date: March 12, 2019
Refer to the case “Hulu: An Evil Plot to Destroy the World” from the HBSP website.
Answer the following questions briefly (4-5 lines each):
1. Draw the supply chain for Hulu and highlight content acquisition vs. distribution. How do companies such as Hulu and Netflix use supply chain to compete strategically?
2. Research on the internet and list some examples of how companies such as Netflix and Hulu are controlling the supply chain of digital content acquisition and distribution.
3. How does TV Everywhere pose a threat to Hulu? Describe, in your words, how Hulu should respond?
4. The different broadcasters –CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox – have all chosen a different strategy to the internet. Which strategy is preferred?
5. Comment on how the digital channels put pressure on existing business models for firms in the creative industry (such as TV).
All groups (expect the group making the presentation) are required to submit a printout of their answers to the instructor at the beginning of the class. Also, be prepared to discuss the case in the class.