Internet Enabled Supply Chains
Due Date: January 29, 2019
Refer to the case “Zappos.com: Developing a Supply Chain to Deliver WOW!”. Answer the following questions briefly.
1. Is Zappos mainly a pull or a push supply chain? With an illustration of Zappos’ current supply chain, show the push-pull boundary of Zappos? Also show the push-pull boundary of Zappos’ Drop Ship model.
2. Show the evolution of Zappos’ supply chain in a diagram. What changes did Zappos make in its supply chain? Do you think that these changes are justified?
3. What are Zappos’ core competencies and sources of competitive advantage? How sustainable are they?
4. How would you expect the environment of a more cost conscious customers to affect Zappos’ business? What can Zappos’ do to maintain sales in such an environment?
5. What are the business benefits of new technologies such as Kiva robots in the Zappos supply chain? (see video for more details on this technology).
All groups (expect the group making the presentation) are required to submit a printout of their answers to the instructor at the beginning of the class. Also, be prepared to discuss the case in the class.