MIS 4596 – Tony Messina -Sec 2 – Fall 2015

Cloud Computing Adoption Continues Accelerating In The Enterprise

My interest peaked when reading the Cloud Storage and Document Management Case about enterprise content management. The key word is enterprise, large enterprises are slow to adapt and I wanted to see what the adoption rate of Cloud ECM was. I found an article called Cloud Computing Adoption Continues Accelerating In The Enterprise by Louis Columbus. This shows some promising stats on larger companies adopting cloud technologies, with the benefits of the less infrastructure and not having a technology life cycle the risks out way the benefits. Some legacy companies will retain their infrastructure believing the risk of their data being in the hands of a third party will expose them. Most cloud companies need to keep their reputations in check in order to retain and acquire new business, and that all relies on their security. Some large enterprises are seeing this and are now taking advantage of the cloud.

cloud-spending

http://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2014/11/22/cloud-computing-adoption-continues-accelerating-in-the-enterprise/