Information Systems Integration – Tony Messina

How Veil Protects Your Private Information

The cybersecurity issue is no longer a news to us. However, we still could not protect our personal information due to the established computing processes. The solution is here: Veil, a new technology invented by MIT and Harvard scholars, ensures us that our private information will not be tucked away by our browsers in three ways:

Shell Game: Every activity we do on the browser is stored in our devices even in private-browsing mode. This potentially allows a highly motivated attacker to retrieve it. Shell game will prevent this from adding an encryption to our data, which cannot be utilized by a third party.

Decoys: Adding redundant and useless codes into our private records, Veil blinds any third party.

The Back End: Converting websites into Veil version and then reloading information allows users to directly use Veil browsing all the websites that may have safety threatens.

What do you think of the new service? It is necessary or there is a better way to do? When it is available, will you try it?

Source:https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2018/02/180223122354.htm

2 Responses to How Veil Protects Your Private Information

• This is awesome Jiawei, great find and explanation of this technology. Cybersecurity is a rapidly growing industry and will continue to do so in the future as the internet becomes more intertwined in our lives. It will be interesting to see how quickly this Veil solution is implemented and how the creators will distribute it to both users and websites. It would be incredible if they open sourced the technology like https, lets-encrypt, etc so everyone can enjoy the most secure web experience possible.

• Thank you for sharing, Jiawei. This is an interesting way for increasing encryption for everyone browsing the web. Cybersecurity is important, and this service will be great for giving people protection from cyber criminals. I think it’s necessary for many people. A lot of people might have important information or a lot of money online that a hacker could get to, and this service gives these people more safety against that threat. When it becomes available, I’ll try it. Unless it’s too complicated to use, I would always use it.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *