Information Systems Integration – Tony Messina

Hyperloop Transit

Elon Musk, the owner of The Boring Company, is changing the mission of this company to something exciting. Developing underground Hyperloop Transit that prioritizes pedestrians and cyclists, allowing them to transport to 1,000’s of different locations efficiently. The idea is to load customers onto transit cars the size of a parking space, indicated by dotted areas in the urban environment. These locations are close to generally popular destinations where pedestrians travel. The single-car model would be a major disruptive innovation against the current subway system. Elon Musk is well known for saying that his model will totally replace the current subway-style model.

This model carries many different stop locations that are very small instead of large stop locations that are few in number. A key benefit of this model is that it’s also very high speed resulting pedestrians reaching their location fast. Check out this extended video showing the Hyperloop Transit’s abilities: Extended Video

In my opinion, I am very excited about this. I like fact that we can travel faster and add variety to our choice of destinations. Please comment your thoughts!

Full Article: Elon Musk shares updated pedestrian-first Boring Co. Hyperloop transit plan

3 Responses to Hyperloop Transit

• I hadn’t heard that Musk was changing his plan for the Boring company. It seemed overly ambitious to have one car at a time on the sleds. I imagine this will be a much more cost effective method of transporting city populations.

• It is a big change of plans, however it totally makes sense to use something that is going to be so fast and cost efficient to transport pedestrians first and maybe cars later. I’m very excited about the future hyperloop transit, it will take a lot of time and effort to develop but once it’s a reality, it will be a game changer.

• I think that there is alot of room for improvement for transportation in the future and this could be one of the new emerging transportation technologies. This idea would be cool if people are able to travel faster and to their destination more efficiently.

Leave a Reply to Jurgen Aliaj Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *