Audit Plan Project
One of the learning goals of this class is to prepare you to audit a company’s IT governance capabilities. Your team has received an RFP to audit the policy you wrote for your hypothetical client in Week 7. You will be auditing the same hypothetical firm that does $50MM of sales with 100 employees and 10 IT people. You need to prepare and submit an audit proposal document and a video pitch to their audit committee to obtain the work.
Within your proposal or pitch you must address the following points:
- What tasks will you do as part of the audit?
- What are the subject risks and objectives of this audit?
- What controls will you be looking for to determine sufficiency?
- For each control, what evidence would show you that the control is effective and how would you collect that evidence?
- Why they should hire you?
You will create two deliverables:
- An audit proposal document (Word, max 5 pages) that covers the above points
- A similar short video (5 minutes) that you would use to sell the company’s audit committee on the soundness of your audit plan.
Your team will post both the video and your policy document on the class blog. Everyone is expected to read and comment on a minimum of four different policies.Attached are two excellent submissions from past semesters. They are not intended as templates, so don’t copy them. Rather, you should try to understand how they address the required points and incorporate these thoughts into your own work.