In this lab we will use Chapter 5 and 6 of ACL in Practice Tutorial
Please print the reports from the ACL tool to one (1) PDF. Submit the entire Lab as one (1) printed document and submit to the website.
- Total the expenses for airfare, hotel stays, and rental cars separately. Submit your results as a professionally formatted table or readable screenshot.
- Total the expenses for all British Airways flights.
- Total all food-related services. How much money did the company spend on:
- Provide the answer both separately and together.
- Use MATCH() to find transactions billed to internal departments/ Internal departments have customer numbers that begin with 0.
- Determine the percentage pf the total transaction amounts is billed to internal departments and what percentage is billed to external clients.
- Create a report that lists all acceptable transactions. The procedures will be the same as for the report that lists unacceptable transactions, except you will use the Acceptable_Codes list as the basis for comparison. Using Relations, create a view that displays the following information:
- Employee name
- Credit card number
- Acceptable transaction amount
- Transaction date
- Transaction code
- Transaction code description
- Extract this view to a new table Acceptable_Trans_by_Emp_April, and export the new table to an Excel file. Remember that some transactions have neither acceptable nor unacceptable codes. These transactions require approval, but are not forbidden.
- Create a table of transactions that are neither acceptable nor unacceptable. How many transactions are in this category?
- Extract all of the transactions that exist in the approval-required category to another table. Refer to the Trans_April, Trans_April_Unacceptable, and Employees tables. What percentage of employees with credit cards made unacceptable transactions?
- How would you use ACL to e-mail the results of your report? Describe in one or two sentences.