You have been asked to design a network and firewall policy for a startup company. The company is a manufacturer of wooden toy cars.
The company will have four major departments.
- Sales/Marketing – Full Internet access with NetMeeting access
- Accounting – Ability to browse web sites and use Instant Messaging.
- Manufacturing – Intranet access only
- Shipping & Receiving – Access to shipping vendors only: UPS, FedEX & USPS
The company will have six servers:
- DNS Server
- Linux Apache Web Server for product and support information
- Secure Order Processing Web server for external customers
- Exchange Mail Server
- SQL Server
- Intranet order entry and tracking using Windows Server – IIS Web Server
Create a one-page firewall policy based on the network environment described. Be sure to include the following elements: Purpose, explanation on how firewalls work, how firewall will handle traffic, services that are allowed, services that are denied, and how changes and requests are approved and applied.
Referring back to the LDAP lab where you configured the firewall on your Linux system, use the firewall policy you have written, and describe how you would configure the firewall in Linux to handle this traffic, and include some of the commands you would use. You may need to add a new “zone” to your firewall to implement this policy. Since we lack the physical interfaces to support additional zones, your firewall may not function if you are using VMWare or VirtualBox, but explanation should reflect what we have learned and discussed in this course.
For your assignment submission, submit a word document containing both parts of this assignment.