MIS 9003 – Prof. Min-Seok Pang

Announcements

Select Papers for Week 13 and 14

For Week 13 and 14, I will ask each student to select one paper for us to read and discuss.

• Please select two papers and send me by Monday, April 4. I will choose one of them.
  • The papers should be published at top IS or other business journals.
  • The topics must be among the ones in our seminar.

Please let me know if you have any question.

Week 10 – Research Proposal Presentations

On March 23, each student will present his/her ideas for a final term paper (research proposal).

• Each student will have 10 minutes for presentation, followed by a 5-minute Q&A.
  • For MIS students, proposal topics must be from (or closely related to) the research topics in this seminar. Non-MIS students are allowed to deviate from this boundary but still expected to propose new IS ideas or interdisciplinary research ideas with IS and own majors.
  • Presentation will consist of (i) motivation, (ii) background theory, (iii) hypotheses, and (iv) possible data sources.
  • Presentation will be stopped promptly at 10 minutes. Hence, be advised to keep your slides within 7-8 pages.
  • Post your presentation slides on this site by Monday, March 21, 11:59 PM, so that the instructors and other students have enough time to look at and think about feedback.