This Year
No Points
Total
1000 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 2501 Hands-on Project #1: SharePoint

Microsoft SharePoint is a web application platform generally used for creating organizational intranets and managing documents. According to Microsoft, SharePoint is used by 78% of Fortune 500 companies. Not only can you make a team site just for your corporate intranet, but you can also make a public site for your company as well. In my case, I used the Office 365 edition and created a small business called the “Seagraves Ski Shack.”

SharePoint interests me because it’s such a valuable tool for any business to have. It’s so easy to share documents immediately across the intranet portal and make announcements about meetings. It allows everybody in the organization from all departments to stay on the same page without even being on the same continent. For my demonstration, I created three different subsites for each department. Then, I added pages of information pertaining to each department. I then installed applications that each of the departments could use to make scheduling and seeing our entire product line easier. Finally, I showed the public site that everyone would see and the pages on there.

Click here for demonstration.

Skip to toolbar