I will join Deloitte Risk & Financial Advisory in Philadelphia as a Risk Consultant starting in summer 2019. Deloitte is a professional services firm that provides audit, tax, risk advisory, financial advisory, and consulting services. Deloitte US has 79,347 professionals with annual revenues of $19.8 billion in the fiscal year 2018. My particular service line is Risk Advisory. In my role, I will help clients evaluate technology risks in their systems and mitigate risks for growth. Examples of tasks that I will perform include:
– Inspect accounting systems and controls for improvement opportunities, leveraging Deloitte’s methodologies to help clients improve their information technology controls or technology risk management programs
– Participate in the development or execution of internal audit strategic plans
– Demonstrate understanding of business processes, internal control risk management, IT controls, and related regulatory and compliance standards
– Perform internal audit and assurance activities (internal audits over financial, operational, compliance, IT, SOX and QARs), consult with engagement leadership and clients on strategic plans and other business matters, and help to anticipate emerging risks for our clients
– Use problem-solving and critical thinking skills to quickly identify internal control deficiencies, evaluate their risk implications, and draw the appropriate conclusions to best advise our clients
This job is directly related to MIS major because I will apply data analytics, coding, Excel, and understanding of business processes. In my summer internship, we used ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram), which I learned in Intro to MIS to document my client’s business processes.