Information about the organization:
Ernst & Young is a global professional services firm. I was employed in the Philadelphia office and I worked in the risk advisory, tax, and assurance department.
My role in Ernst & Young as a Launch Intern was to learn about the three service lines. The three service lines were Risk Advisory, Tax, and Assurance. In each of the service line I was assigned to different clients. My tasks varied from auditing, to working on international taxes, as well as dealing with controls for a specific client and testing those controls.
Examples of projects:
- Used client database and extracted data to test controls in the client data base
- Here I accomplished organizing the data from the database so it could be easier to understand. This was so the team could review the results and see if further testing needed to occur on those specific controls.
- Used prior tax information to start tax documents for current year.
- I assisted in preparing tax information for the current year on a client and accomplished organizing information so that corporate taxes could be started by the team.
- Used prior audit information on client and audited current year documents for the client.
- I accomplished auditing the client’s financial paperwork.
What you learned and how it relates to your major:
What I learned in this internship is how the organization of data is very prevalent to many aspects of business. In MIS 2502, the Data Analytics course, I learned that by organizing and extracting data, business solutions are found. During my internship I used data organization tools to create business solutions for clients.