- Learn from Phillies sports media and marketing executives during a moderated question-and-answer session at Pass and Stow at Citizens Bank Park. Panelists will provide excellent insight into the business of sports media and marketing, as well as share their career experience and advice. Speakers to be announced soon. Moderator: Scott Palmer, Phillies Ambassador.
- Practice networking with Phillies executives and other special guests during a Phillies Networking Hour. Meet informally with front office personnel from various departments, as well as those who spearhead the Phillies intern and Phillies Ballgirls programs. Attendees are invited to bring their resumes. During this time, attendees are also welcome to take photos with the World Series Trophies, as well as meet 1993 National League Champion Mickey Morandini.
- Meet members of Temple University’s Fox School of Business, who will be on-site to share information about their graduate programs.
- Program includes a Phillies game ticket with $12 concession credit to select games in April at Citizens Bank Park.
- Check-in begins at 4 p.m. and features an hour-long Networking Hour, as well as the opportunity to take photos with the World Series Trophies and 1993 National League Champion Mickey Morandini.
- The panel portion of the program officially starts at 5 p.m., and continues until 6:15 p.m.
- The event is limited to 120 students. Interested professors, recent graduates, and parents of students are welcome to attend.
- Dress is business casual.
- Students are urged to ask questions throughout the program.
- Program cost: $20. In addition to the above networking and panel, the program cost includes a Phillies game ticket with $12 concession credit to select games in April at Citizens Bank Park. Note: Following the event, an email link will be sent to each registered attendee to select the game date.
Speaker lineup to be announced soon.
Scott Palmer, Phillies Ambassador – moderator
As Phillies Ambassador, Scott is involved in various aspects with the club, including fan engagement and Phillies Charities, Inc. He also can be found at the podium, hosting news conferences and other special events for the organization.
In 2016, Scott was inducted into the Pennsylvania Sports Hall of Fame, which honors the lifetime sports contributions of Pennsylvanians. Scott is also a proud member of the Broadcast Pioneers of Philadelphia.
Prior to joining the Phillies in 2005, Scott was an anchor and sportscaster at WPVI-6ABC in Philadelphia for over 24 years.
Special Networking Hour Guest: Mickey Morandini, 1993 National League Champion and Phillies Club Ambassador
Mickey Morandini transitioned to his role as club ambassador in 2018. He had spent the previous two years with the team as first base coach and baserunning instructor.
Prior to joining the major league staff, Mickey spent five years in the Phillies minor league system as a coach for triple-A Lehigh Valley and double-A Reading and manager for single-A Lakewood and single-A Williamsport. He also spent four years as head coach for the Valparaiso High School varsity baseball team.
A 1995 National League All-Star, Mickey played nine of his 11 major league seasons (1990-2000) with the Phillies and was a member of the 1993 NL champions. He ranks fourth in Phillies history in most games played at second base (926) and was the recipient of the Paul Owens Award in 1989 as the best player in the Phillies minor league system. Mickey was originally selected by the Phillies in the fifth round of the June 1988 draft out of Indiana University. As an amateur, he won a gold medal as a member of the 1988 Olympic baseball team.
Born in Leechburg, Pa., Mickey and his wife Peg currently live in Glen Mills, Pa. They have three sons: Jordan, Griffin and Braydon.
2022 Phillies Spring #CollegeSeries Sessions
Monday, March 28 – Phillies #CollegeSeries Business Analytics Night for business intelligence/analytics, economics, MIS/information technology/computer science, marketing, business & sport management students
Tuesday, March 29 – Phillies #CollegeSeries Business Affairs Night for sport management, business, hospitality, special event & marketing students
Wednesday, March 30 – Phillies #CollegeSeries Finance Night for accounting, finance, economics, business & sport management students
Monday, April 18 – Phillies #CollegeSeries: Business of Sports Media & Marketing Night for communications, journalism, broadcasting, advertising, marketing/digital marketing, social media, business & sport management students
Wednesday, April 20 – Phillies #CollegeSeries Women in Sports Business for sport management, communications, journalism, broadcasting, advertising, marketing, sales, business & sport management students