Management Information Systems
- Interpreted and implemented Entity Relationship Diagrams to create a structured course of action when organizational situations arise.
- Created and analyzed schema to establish a plan for certain business situations, such as the procedures for a company transaction.
- Analyzed data for the MIS Data Analytics Challenge to determine the optimal location to find patients for Lysosomal Syndrome Disease.
This class helped me to better understand the information systems that a company uses for internal controls. Systems are a growing field, and technology is changing every day. In order to maintain organizational structure, companies must adapt to surrounding conditions. Understanding how to adapt to these new conditions will help me to be successful in my career as an auditor.
- Created financial statements under the GAAP to display the financial position of several companies.
- Analyzed company financial statements to determine the value of a company.
- Presented financial information in proper format to effectively display necessary information.
Financial Accounting gave me the initial information necessary to understand a financial statement. In any career I will have to understand the financial statements, and make decisions based on cost/benefit analysis. This class was able to show me the background behind the financial statements, and how those financial statements are prepared.
- Implemented key formulas to determine the time value of money, and used those formulas to understand the financial position of a company.
- Formulated opinions of the financial stability of companies using the analysis of formulas.
- Learned the process behind the valuation of stocks, and the drivers that affect stock prices.
This class helped me to better analyze a financial statement through ratios. In order to make decisions about the company’s future, it is crucial to understand how the decision will effect the company financially. Understanding this will help me to make business decisions in the future.