Community Platform
Interests
Not Available
This Year
No Points
Total
50 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

Key to Success – Personal Reflection

Leadership: The Key to Success for a Leader

How much time do you actually need to fulfill all the requirements of becoming a true leader? A year? A decade? Many people have strived and struggled to achieve success. These people have set goals and with hard work and dedication they have accomplished them. Goals that have seemed impossible to accomplish have become reachable to them. The reason for this constant fight for achievement is the act of being a leader. A leader is “a person who influences a group of people towards the achievement of a goal” (VTAIDE). As leaders, these influences have served as factors and inspiration when it comes to defining groups and nations throughout the years. The key to becoming a successful leader is to have high confidence and self-esteem in oneself because if one believes in themselves others will as well.

Successful leaders serve as influential people that are able to make an impact in the world, but most importantly in others. When I influence others I become more known and respected not only as a person, but also as an employee. Nowadays, it is important for leaders to realize and identify that being a leader does not mean demanding others, instead it means to participate and believing in each other’s ideas because this will help fulfill the main goal. As a leader I achieve my goals because fear does not stand in my way. No matter how hard and impossible things may seem, I am still able to overcome it all. Therefore, as a leader it is important I acknowledge and recognize that no one can stand in the way of my goals.

In my opinion, what really defines a leader is the qualities he/she possesses. As a leader one of the main qualities that define me is my strong personality. I work well with others, I am very professional, I am very organized, responsible, and a hard worker. My strong personality portrays me as a role model that can be looked up to and be respected. By working well with others, I built a strong working environment, but also powerful friendships. As a professional leader, I always try to do more than what is expected from me because that is what defines my personality. Being organized has helped me develop my confidence more when it comes to creating specific and realistic goals for my team. Since becoming a leader, I have developed the quality of taking on many responsibilities because with responsibility comes power. Finally, as a hard worker I have high levels of energy that seems to never disappear because they are powered by my passion.

Change is one of the main priorities a leader has to pay close attention to because it symbolizes growth and development. As a professional employee, I have gained knowledge and experience by working in an environment surrounded by professionals. When I first started here at Temple University, I did not have an idea of what exactly a professional working environment looked like. With the help of the Russell Conwell Learning Center program, known as Achieving Professional Excellence (APEx), I experienced and learned how it feels working in professional areas and being surrounded by professional figures. APEx helped me become a better scholar by requiring mandatory study hall hours, which assisted me in creating and building a new method that will help me succeed in my college career. Overall, the program has transformed me as a professional and has made me feel more confident when it comes to professionalism and academics.

Being a leader requires teamwork in order to fulfill and achieve greatness. It is also important to try and work hard to achieve the best even when the best seems impossible to achieve. As a leader, I have learned that “nothing in life is impossible because the word itself says ‘I’M POSSIBLE’!” (Audrey Hepburn). Anything in life can be achieved if I believe in myself. The key in being a leader is to never give up in ones beliefs because it is a representation of who one is.

Works Cited:

VTAIDE. “Definition of a Leader.” Definition of a Leader. VTAIDE.COM, July 2007. Web. 05 Apr. 2013

<http://www.vtaide.com/gleanings/leader.htm>.

Skip to toolbar