This Year
No Points
Total
1015 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 4596 – InstaFresh

It has been a fun yet challenging experience working towards our final presentation for MIS 4596. In this class my group and I took our own idea of making farm to table more accessible to consumers and developed it into a tangible product. The experience has been beneficiary and I have learned several things over the past few months. First of all, it is very difficult to come up with a raw idea and try to shape it into something that people might enjoy. My group did a good job with taking all the ideas we had, sorting through them, and figuring out which idea we wanted to build on for the rest of the semester.

Also, it is no secret that there are a lot of group projects in not only MIS classes, but business classes as a whole. This one however felt different because we chose the groups and we also chose our idea. I learned a lot about how it is working in a group with the “training wheels” off. As the capstone for MIS majors this class is a culmination of every class that we have had thus far. Another thing that I learned is that it is extremely helpful to be surrounded by the right people helping you. We were assigned a mentor for our project to help us with deliverables and with developing our idea. The mentors are industry experts who have plenty of real world experience. Our mentor was able to give my team advice and teach us best practices for when we are in the industry ourselves

The project was a rewarding experience that helps prepare individuals for the real world. I encourage you to follow the link at the bottom of this page and visit our project site to learn more about our specific project and what we did.

InstaFresh

Skip to toolbar