EY’s Advisory Practice has an exciting opportunity for highly motivated staff consultants to join our Risk Advisor Program (RAP) in Philadelphia. Staff professionals entering RAP enjoy opportunities to serve diverse clients across multiple practices and industries, while being provided learning, experiences and coaching to develop core consulting skills. The breadth and diversity of client experiences will vary based on the size of the local market.
We help clients evaluate, understand and address compliance, financial, operational, IT and strategic risk. We deliver world-class information technology advice as part of our broader risk and business improvement services by helping clients leverage technology to make IT more efficient and manage the security risks associated with running IT operations.
As a part of the Risk team, you will help our clients improve their business through establishing and maintaining an effective risk and control environment. Specifically, we help our clients by:
- Providing services to assess and/or strengthen clients’ internal controls and, in so doing, help to improve their performance
- Identifying business and technology risks as well as documenting and testing related processes and controls
- Advising client leadership about the alignment of technology processes with business strategies and objectives
- Assisting with the design and implementation of processes and controls to achieve business objectives, risk management and regulatory requirements
- Defining, implementing and monitoring risk processes
- Developing and implementing business and IT process, risk and control frameworks, and Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) technologies
We provide services in the following areas:
- Process and IT Risk
- Assist with engagements relating to financial attestation as well as third party assurance over client control environments through Service Organization Control reporting (SOCR)
- Assess, design, and implement business process, application, and security controls within integrated financial and operational systems, including Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Incorporate business intelligence and information analysis into our services to drive efficiencies and provide more timely and comprehensive insights on risks
- Help our clients evaluate, define, implement, and manage risk programs which include:
- Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) program current state assessments and future state design; GRC process design, re-engineering and enhancements; GRC tool and technology implementation
- Risk assessments, risk metrics and reporting
- Third party/vendor risk management
- IT governance and effectiveness assessments
- IT process, risk and control framework design
- Provide assistance to clients in employing proper information systems, resources, and controls to maximize efficiencies and minimize risk
- Assist our clients with technology and process architecture, solution assessment, and vendor application evaluation and implementation services focusing on areas such as operational and IT risk, third party oversight, continuity, information security, issues management, policy management, and others
- Assist with the assessment, design and implementation of processes and controls to achieve business objectives, business and IT risk management and regulatory requirements
- Internal Audit – Provide comprehensive risk services through a suite of strategic, outsourcing, and industry-focused operational recommendations that help companies around the world evaluate and enhance their internal audit and risk management functions. We plan, lead and perform internal audit, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) and risk advisory projects in accordance with the client’s risk management strategy resulting in the identification of control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvements and efficiency opportunities as well as company-wide cost improvements.
At EY, we believe your career is a journey and we are committed to providing an array of exciting opportunities to help you find the career path that is right for you. In this role, you will have the opportunity to team with a variety of clients to deliver professional services and to actively participate in a rapidly growing practice. You will work on client assignments that will help you deepen and broaden your skills, while gaining valuable and rewarding experiences during your first few years.
With each engagement, you can expect to build leadership, communication and client-management skills, as well as sharpen your problem-solving capabilities. Once you have developed a strong foundation, we will work with you to determine a more specific area of concentration for the next phase of your career journey. If you are interested in “building a better working world,” being part of a dynamic team, serving clients and reaching your full potential, EY Advisory Services is for you. Apply today!
Responsibilities of Staff in the Risk Advisor Program may include:
- Establishing relationships with client personnel at appropriate levels. Consistently delivering quality client services. Monitoring progress, managing risks and ensuring key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Staying abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client’s business
- Demonstrating ability to continuously learn, incorporate and apply new knowledge in the work environment. Possessing good business acumen. Remaining current on new developments in Advisory services, capabilities and industry knowledge
- Improving clients’ efficiency and effectiveness through the design of their operations, processes, information technology and business functions
- Executing procedures, performing detailed data analysis, reaching conclusions, documenting results and suggesting ideas for efficiencies
- Taking full responsibility for tasks, including consistent review of own work to identify and improve an approach for producing high quality work products, while working under supervision
The coursework that helped me get this job and that I will be using in this function include Data Analytics, Enterprise IT Architecture, Digital Solutions, and Project Management.