This Year
No Points
Total
1020 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

About Me

Hello, my name is Ibtihal Al-Froukh but I go by Ibby. I am currently a Sophomore in the Fox School of Business at Temple Univesity. I plan on graduating in May 2016 with a Bachelor’s in Management Information Systems. I was born and raised in Palestine and came to the United States when I was only 7 years old. I lived in Philadelphia ever since and hope to visit my home country soon.

While applying to different colleges in high school, Temple was my first choice. I knew that this is the place I wanted to further my education and graduate with a major that I enjoy. One of the reasons why I chose Temple was the fact that I wanted to stay in Philadelphia, since that is where I spent most of my life in and it’s very convenient for me to go to school somewhere close. Also, I visited the campus few times in high school and I loved the atmosphere and the people here were extremely nice and welcoming. I also heard many great things about this University and the different programs they offer so that encouraged me even more to come here. Now I can say that I am satisfied with the choice I made because I absolutely love this place. I came into Temple as undeclared under University Studies, then switched to Undeclared in Business. With the different Business classes that I am required to take, I became interested in finding a career Business. So, I started searching for different majors that would interest me.

The way I chose MIS as a major is pretty interesting. I kept looking around for different majors under Fox School of Business. I came across MIS and was pretty interested in it. I did some research and talked to my counselors and different people. Then one night I was up stressing about declaring a major soon because I’m a Sophomore and was still Undeclared. I didn’t want to make the wrong choice or  waste my time taking different intro classes to figure out what I wanted to do with my life. Then, I had a dream that I was speaking to Joseph Allegra about switching my major to MIS. He was extremely excited and told me that I would definitely get into the progam and that I should switch ASAP. I was extrememly excited as well. I woke up relaxed and happy, so I took this dream as a sign that I should definitely choose MIS. I declared it my second semester as a Sophomore and I’m taking the intro class (MIS 2101) this semester and so far I’ve enjoyed it. I met Carey O’Donnell prior to declaring my major and spoke to him about MIS as well. He made it even more exciting to be an MIS major because he was so passionate about it. Now I can say that I am pleased with my choice and I’m excited to see what this major has in store for me and content with furthering my academic and professional life with a BBA in MIS.

Skip to toolbar