This Year
No Points
Total
1020 Points
MIS Badge

Click here
to validate the recipient

MIS 4596 Final Project

For my MIS capstone project, my team focused on addressing the problem that FOX MIS students are not exposed to enough consulting experience through their years at Temple. This was an opportunity for us to create a class that gives students the ability to increase their analytical skills by providing them with real world projects to work on provided by IBIT members. We first decided to create an MIS elective course and offer low difficulty level projects to students. If we see that a sufficient amount of students are interested in the course, we will offer 2 section elective class the following year. In the 3rd year, we will work on advancing the class into a required MIS course.

Throughout this semester, I learned that this could potentially be a real project that Temple and the MIS would implement in the future. I think that there’s many benefits that can come from this course. First, students will gain more experience making them more prepared for their careers after they graduate. This would reflect on the education they received at Temple which will add onto its reputation. Temple would be a main source for recruiters increasing FOX students’ job rate after graduation.

Please visit our group’s website here.

Below is a slideshare of our final presentation: 

Temple MIS 3545: Data Driven Business Intelligence from Ibtihal Al-Froukh
Skip to toolbar