Jacklin Altman

Assistant Director

Faculty/Staff

Upon completing MIS 2501 (Enterprise IT Architecture), my professor asked that I be his teaching assistant for the Spring 2013 semester.

Enterprise IT Architecture focuses around the writing of “Flash Research Papers,” which are highly focused, brief business proposals.

My main duty was to act as a resource for students who sought help in the drafting and editing of their papers. I did so in 3 main ways:

1. I held office hours for a minimum of three hours a week, where students could make appointments to come get one on one feedback on their paper drafts. Here, students could also bring previously graded papers so as to get more insight into why they received the grade they did.

2. I held study sessions before every exam. For these study sessions, I would create a practice exam and proctor it just as the real exam would go. I would then give students feedback on their exam papers as they finished, and I would help them devise better test-taking strategies as well as refine their writing skills.

3. I attended the class and gave live feedback as students were peer-editing each other’s paper drafts.

In addition to the aforementioned responsibilities, I also helped write and pre-read all exams before the instructor assigned final grades.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Contact Information

207 Speakman Hall
1810 North 13th Street

Philadelphia, PA 19122-6083

Email: jacklin.altman@temple.edu
Phone: 215-204-2879

Skip to toolbar