Good Afternoon Class,
I updated the grades to include the final exam. Overall the exam went really well! Great job.
I posted final grades on my grade book. I will transferring the grades to final grades in the Portal tomorrow. You have 24 hours to get back to me – 5pm 12/19 in case I made a mistake.
Thank you for a great semester. Good luck with finals!
Enjoy your break, Prof Latko
1. Pre-final exam grades are posted for your review. https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/ Any grades questions related to this grade must emailed to me with in 24 hours of this email. (By 4pm on Friday Dec 8th).
2. We will have a review this evening at 6pm – bring your questions. Dec 7th
3. Exam is next Thursday Dec 14th at 6pm sharp. Bring a number 2 pencil. Same format as the 1st two exams in the class. 25 questions.
4. Please remember to fill out the class evaluations online. esff.temple.edu
5. Mini-Case Review Answers:
1. The Gradebook has been updated. I have graded all homework including Max Lab 3 and Learn IT #2. Log on to : https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/
2. In class assignments: 15 have been graded, I have not dropped the lowest two in class assignment yet. I will do that when I post final pre-exam grades next week.
3. The raw number posted on the grade sheet is out of 80 possible grade points that could be earned so far and represents everything except for the final exam which is worth 20 points toward the final course grade. This will give you an idea of potential final grade base on final exam grade points earned.
4. You have 1 week to email me any questions related to this current grade sheet which includes information related to the last two homework assignments. In one week these grades will be final with no further discussion. Refer to the Rubric on the respected assignment pages on my site to decipher what you received credit for doing.
5. Our last class of new material is scheduled for Thursday Nov 30th at 6pm.
6. The Dec 7th class will be a review day for you to bring any questions about the exam to discuss.
7. The exam will be during the finals schedule on Dec 14th at 6pm sharp. 25 Questions, similar format to the first two exam, 50 minutes to complete, bring a #2 pencil.
I have updated your Gradebook as of 11/14. https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/
1. Extra Credit was added into exam 1. Extra credit was worth 4 points toward exam 1.
2. I have graded 13 in-class assignments. I have not dropped the two lowest grades from this category yet.
3. For those who had questions or concerns related to Max Lab 2, I updated those grades. Max Lab 2 grades are not set and cannot be changed.
4. I am working on Max Lab 3 this week for grading.
5. Learn IT #2 Homework is Due this Sunday.
See you Thursday for our last class before Fall Break. Prof Latko
Learn IT#2 Homework Due Sunday 11/19
This coming Sunday LEARNT IT#2 is due at the end of the day. In order for us to have good Google Analytics traffic on each others’ sites, we are going to visit our classmates sites. Please log on to my LEARN IT #1 Page and visit the 2-3 sites posted below and the 2-3 sites posted above your posting on the list. You can also visit your own site to drive more traffic. The goal would be to have everyone do this by Thursday so people can get started on LEARN IT #2 HW heading into the Fall break. Here is the page:
Any questions please let me know
EXTRA CREDIT IF YOU APPLY, GET SELECTED and PARTICIPATE IN THE EVENT.
The deadline for SPARK is quickly approaching. We will only be reviewing applications received by October 29th.
As you know, Temple’s Office of Sustainability will be hosting SPARK, a 24-hour (Nov. 9-10) think-tank style competition giving students the chance to solve real-world problems alongside professional engineers, scientists and corporate representatives. Hosted by Drexel’s Institute for Energy and the Environment, Villanova University, Temple University and national engineering company O’Brien & Gere (OBG), students will be asked to present solutions to meet industry needs. The winning student teams will win a cash prize! The event will be held on Temple’s campus.
This is a great opportunity for students to interact with their peers at other Philadelphia universities and receive mentorship from professionals working in a variety of fields. Interdisciplinary teams will be comprised of representatives from all three schools. Each problem statement will have a sustainability component. Current clients for the competition include Ikea, Merck and Dow.
Participation in this event is a competitive process. SPARK will be open to all majors and Temple is capped at 25 students. Applications are due by October 29th.
Kathleen Grady, AICP, LEED AP
Director of Sustainability
- E – Should be Have Raw Materials to Execute Production Plan
Exam is Thursday Oct 26th during our regular class time.
- All Grades for Learn IT 1 and Max Lab 1 are being finalized by tomorrow. After that the grade will not be changed moving forward. https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/
- Exam 2 is on Oct 26th. Similar format to Exam 1, 25 Questions, 50 minutes, split between material coverage and swimlane/ERD diagram, all multiple choice, bring a pencil, you can leave once the exam is over. Go over the practice material found in the course packet.
- Homework: Max Lab 2a & 2b Due Oct 22nd (End of the Day) http://community.mis.temple.edu/mis2101sec401f17/max-labs-2a-and-2b/
- There is some extra credit out there, so if you are interested, take advantage now.
Temple University is hosting a conference on student food and housing insecurity in about 2 weeks. The University is looking for volunteers to help out in 3 hour increments. If you volunteer for one of the shifts, complete the volunteer commitment and write me a 1 page reflection on your experience of what you learned and how MIS can be applied to address the challenge, I will offer 4 pts extra credit to your Exam 1.
Sara Goldrick-Rab reached out with a plea for her help yesterday. She is hosting the #RealCollege conference on October 23rd and October 24th. The conference is bringing leaders from around the country to develop solutions around student housing and food insecurity. They are overwhelmed by the interest in the conference and could use some volunteers on October 23rd and October 24th. Must submit paper and proof by Oct 26th.
Here is the sign up link: http://www.signupgenius.com/go/508044eafa62faaf49-realcollege
Your Gradebook data has been updated. https://community.mis.temple.edu/gradebook/Log in to see your grades for: Learn IT 1, Max Labs 1, In-class, Exam 1
Please review all material and refer to the posted rubrics under the respective assignment page to figure out where you may have had trouble. You have 1 week to review and ask me any questions. Once these grades are posted for the week, they become final for the semester.
Any questions please let me know and be as detailed as possible when you email me.
MAX 2 is due in about 2 weeks.