MIS3501-DATA CENTRIC APP DEV Sec 4

Prof Patrick J Wasson, MS

Final Grades Posted

Hi Class,

I have posted the grades for exam 3, participation, and final course grades.

Exam 3 is out of 110 points.  Participation is out of 9 possible points (9 challenges).

For the calculation of your final grades all of the deliverables are calculated based on a percentage basis as described in the syllabus.

If you have any questions about your grades please let me know. I have posted some stats about exam 3 and your final grades:

Exam 3 Grades:

Max 98.18%
Min 0.00%
Mean 74.29%
Median 80.00%

Final Grades:

Max 106.87%
Min 0.00%
Mean 84.38%
Median 90.56%

It was great working with all of you, and I hope we get to work together again in the future.

Have a great summer!

Pat

Week 15 Update

Hi Class,

Good work on Exam 3 last night.  Please be sure to submit your optional project to me by 4/27/18.

I will have all grades posted by 5/10/18 at the latest, but likely much earlier.

Thanks for a great semester and have a great summer!!

Pat

Week 14 Update

Hi Class,

To recap: last night we covered Sessions and Cookies, and reviewed for Exam 3, which will be held next week (4/24/18).

Review sessions for Exam 3 are:

Thursday, SP200, 1pm – 3pm.  (Students need to bring their own laptop to this one)

Friday, A602 (3:30 – 5:50pm)

I have also posted grades for Exam 2, Participation so far, and your current grade going into exam 3.

Have a great week and see you all next week for Exam 3.

Pat

Week 12 Update

Hi Class,

To recap: last night we took Exam 2 and covered MVC afterwards.

As reminder: Next week will be a virtual class held via a pre-recorded webex (We will not be meeting in person next week).  Please find the webex hereThe webex will cover how to work with advanced form data such as radio buttons and checkboxes.

For next week: 1) Read the assigned Murach pages 2) Complete challenge 5.1 3) Take a look at exercises 7.1 and 7.2 4) Work on the optional project 5) Watch the Pre-recorded webex for Week 13

The Fox IT Awards will be held on 4/10 at 6pm in Mitten Hall.  I hope to see you all there!

I will have your exams back to you for class on 4/17

Have a great week!

Pat

Week 11 Update

Hi Class,

To recap: Last night we reviewed Challenge 4.2, how to upload your work to the class server, and went over a number of topics that will be covered in Exam 2 next week.

For next week: 1) Prepare for Exam 2 2) Be sure to check out the exam 2 study guide I posted

Exam 2 will be held in class next week 4/3/18 5:30pm

After the exam we will start covering MVC patterns.

Have a great week!

Pat

Database Credentials on misdemo.temple.edu

Hi Class,

When uploading your code to the class web server (misdemo.temple.edu) you will need to change your database credentials in your code to the following:

host: localhost

db: db_yourusername

username: username listed in gradebook

password: password listed in gradebook

You can keep the host as localhost since once you upload your code misdemo will become the code’s new localhost since the code now resides on that server.  In terms of the database, since you cannot create a new database on misdemo you simply must create all of the tables within your one database db_yourusername and point there.  Finally since you are connecting to our class web server and not the localhost on your pc you will need to use the valid credentials provided to you in gradebook to get into the database server.

Hope this info helps!

Pat

Week 10 Update

Hi Class,

To recap we covered PHP functions and wrapped up PDO.

For next week 1) Review Exercise PDO 3 and Challenge 4.1 2) Read the assigned Murach pages 3) Complete Challenge 4.2 4) Ensure you can configure debugging on your pc

Next week we will review the Challenge 4.1 and 4.2 solution and review for Exam 2.  Please be sure to bring any questions you have about Exam 2 to class, so we can cover them.  This class will be your time to go over anything that you would like further explanation on in regards to Exam 2.

I have posted a preliminary MIS3501-Exam-2-Study-Guide for your review.

Exam 2 will be on 4/3/18.

Have a great week.

Pat

Enable Debugging in Apache

1. Go to: http://xdebug.org/files/php_xdebug-2.5.1-7.1-vc14.dll and download the .dll file
  2. Rename the file: php_xdebug.dll
  3. Copy the file to: C:\xampp\php\ext\
  4. Open the XAMPP Control Panel->Click the Apache Config button->Select php.ini file
  5. Add the following code to the bottom the file and save.
[XDebug]
zend_extension = "C:\xampp\php\ext\php_xdebug.dll"
xdebug.remote_enable=1
xdebug.remote_handler=dbgp
xdebug.remote_host=127.0.0.1
xdebug.remote_port=9000
xdebug.remote_autostart=0
xdebug.remote_connect_back=0
xdebug.profiler_enable=0
xdebug.profiler_enable_trigger=0
xdebug.profiler_output_name=cachegrind.out.%s.%t
xdebug.profiler_output_dir="C:/Temp/xdebug"