Prof Patrick J Wasson, MS

Week 2 Update

Good work last night.  To recap we covered the basics of HTML and CSS, an introduction to PHP, some basic PHP skills, and how to move data from one page to another via a form request.  I have posted a WebEx video covering exercise 2_1 since we ran out of time.  Please be sure to view the video before next week’s class.

As a reminder the HTML quiz will be held next week and will cover all of the concepts covered in the HTML Essentials Training.  To prepare for the quiz be sure to review the HTML and CSS exercises as the quiz is very similar to these two exercises.  You will be required to download some starter code I provide to you, alter the code in netbeans based on a number of questions in the quiz and then upload your code to the class server (misdemo.temple.edu).

Additionally, I typically arrive at class around 5pm and am happy to answer questions before class.  However, I have another commitment shortly after 8pm, so I will need to leave class by 8pm typically, so for any class questions please try to arrive to class a bit early and ask me then as opposed to after class if possible.

If you are having any issues with software installations, using SSH, uploading you work to the class web server etc please feel free to reach out to the TA’s at: mis3501@temple.edu

For next week 1) Prepare for the HTML Quiz 2) Complete Challenge 2.1 3) Review the materials for week 3 including the slides and exercise

Have a great week!

Pat

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *