Intrusion Detection and Response

Welcome to class

Hello All,

Welcome to Intrusion Detection and Response class.  I look forward to getting to meeting all of you next week.  You will be able to find the syllabus and a rough schedule at MIS Community site.  I like the course to be fluid so that we can make it effective for the class.  If  you have any questions prior to the class, please feel free to either post a question or send me an email.

If you don’t mind please take a moment to introduce yourself, so that I get familiar with your expectations for this class.

18 Responses to Welcome to class

• Hi my name is Kerwing Hy! I have an undergraduate degree in Actuarial Insurance Mathematics with an MIS minor. I interned at insurance companies such as Travelers and Lincoln Financial. I didn’t enjoy the insurance industry so much, hence my pivot into the technology realm. I’m currently interning at Temple University’s Information Security team. Come September, I’ll will be joining Protiviti, an IT Consulting Firm, in their Philadelphia office. I look forward to working with all of you! =)

• Hi there! My name is Wen Lu. I am a part-time graduate student. I will be graduating this July. I received my undergraduate degree in Information Science & Technology from Temple University. I’m currently working at Computer Services Help Desk at Temple University. See y’all on Monday.

• Hi! My name is Arkadiy Kantor. Im a part time Cyber Security student. I work work full time for Temple University Hospital. I graduated from Temple in 2010 with a degree in MIS. Looking forward to taking this class!

• Hello, I am an Information Technology consultant with 13+ years of experience. My experience includes Big 4 and industry background in retail, e-commerce, health insurance and pharmaceuticals. I am a graduate of Temple University with a BA in Information Science and Technology and is currently a part-time graduate student. See you all on Monday.
    Mustafa

• Hey everyone,

My name is Niyi Odumosu and I am a masters student in the engineering management program. I graduated with a B.S. In Computer Science from George Washington University in 2014 with a concentration in CyberSecurity. I am currently a Software Engineer at Capital One in Wilmington, DE. Looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday.

Niyi

• Hello Professor Shah/class- my name is Roberto Nogueda and I am a part time grad school student.

I am exiting about this class since I have never taken any Intrusion detection courser and I am looking forward to learn more about it.

See you on Monday.

• Hello,

My name is Bilaal Williams and I’m a part-time graduate student in ITACS with a concentration in Cyber Securiry. I have a B.A. in Economics from Temple and currently work as an Accountant at Reliance Standard Life Insurance. Looking forward to this class!

• Hi everyone,

I’m Darin Bartholomew. I’m a part time student, working full time at Temple in the banner student competency center where I support the banner system and the Resource 25 scheduling system. I graduated from Temple in 2014 with a MIS degree. I’m looking forward to the class!

• I am Mauchel Barthelemy and I am holding a bachelor degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) from Temple University. I reside in Northeast Philadelphia, but I am originally from Cap-Haitian, Haiti. Also, I am fluent in two languages in addition to English, Creole and French. Moreover, I am attending graduate school at Temple’s Fox School of Business to pursue my Masters in I.T. Auditing & Cyber Security. Furthermore, I had the opportunity to develop my professional career as an Inventory Control Analyst, Systems Engineer, and currently as a Data Exchange Technical Solution Analyst. Lastly, I enjoy learning new things, reading technology blogs/articles and watch professional sports (Soccer – Basketball – Football). My goals and objectives for this class include continuing to work hard to complete it successful while enjoying it. I also expect to learn a lot to help combat electronic data fraud. Finally, I am looking forward to learn more about Intrusion Detection and Response.

• Hello All,

My name is Zach Cehelsky-DeAngelo. I am a full time ITACS student and currently work as System Analyst at an automation engineering company. I graduated from Temple in 2015 with a MIS degree, and come September I will be joining Protiviti at their DC branch.

• Hello Everyone,
    My name is Jon Whitehurst and I am a Network Security Engineer here at Temple University. My career turned to security when I given to the opportunity to work on security projects such has firewall evaluations, workstation Anti Virus and writing policies and procedures for Fox Chase Cancer Center and I have been hooked ever since. I am currently a time student in the ITACS on the Cyber Security track and this class #3. I look forward working with everyone in this class.

• Hello Everyone,

My name is Steven Tang. I’m a full time ITACS student and coming this July, I will be joining RSM IT Consulting/Pen Testing team. I graduated from Temple undergrad in 2015 with a International Business major and a minor in MIS.

• Hello All,

Greetings for the day,

My name is Vinod. I’m a full-time MCA student, I am planning to join the Testing team.

• Thank you for sharing great information for the welcome class. you can learn Math formulas for all classes.