MIS 5303

Design Inquiry and Research: Fall 2015

Creating an INFORMATION EXCHANGE for your projects

DO YOU REALIZE WE HAVE A LIBRARY OF NEARLY 150 USER INTERVIEWS ON THE BUS SYSTEM?

THAT IS A LOT OF VALUABLE INFORMATION!

To facilitate your MAPPING assignments and to make your project research better and easier, I am proposing we SHARE this research and use this blog post as an information exchange.

How it will work:

1.  If , you need additional information not in your own research/interviews, POST a comment to this post requesting information from your peers such as:  “Does anyone have information about rider or driver frustration about bus payment systems?”  Be as specific as possible.

2.  All of you should REVIEW the comments posted.

3.  Anyone who sees a request for information that they have should RESPOND:  “My interview #3 on Jane has information about payment.”

4.  Go to the shared Google drive and access the interview in that person’s folder.  COPY the file.  READ the interview.  EXTRACT the relevant quote or data.

5. MAKE SURE YOU DO NOT ERASE/ALTER THE ORIGINAL FILE.

Be a team player.  This will only work if you are willing to give and not just receive information.

Good luck!

James

Welcome to MIS 5303!

DSC_7226

Welcome to MIS 5303 / Fall 2015.

This course forms a foundation of approaches, skills and working methods to be applied throughout your MBA experience and in your place of work.

This course introduces the concept of Business Design, a holistic approach to management that combines the best of Business and Design to balance quantitative and qualitative thinking.

We will also learn Design Inquiry, a question-based framework to problem solving to create innovative solutions that are user-centered, social, culturally and functionally meaningful and economically sustainable.

All important announcements, assignments and resources will be available on this site.  Please consult it often.

I am looking forward to a great semester!