- Job function (e.g., overall role, assigned tasks)
Job functions included:
- Preparing work papers for the evidence that were provided by the client.
- Select samples for the population for new hires, terminations and others.
- Do testing of the controls from the Documented Request List(DRL).
- Complete the Leadsheets for the testing done on the controls.
- Validate the documentation with the last years audit.
- Examples of projects (e.g., list the projects you worked on and what you accomplished)
I worked on several different projects from different industries categorizing:
- Construction Management company
- Data Analytic company
- Student loan company.
All projects were different in their own way. All of them were IT SOX projects. Each of them had different applications that I got aware off. It gave me an idea about how different applications work and how testing is done and what are you looking for in your evidence when conducting an IT audit.
- What you learned and how it relates to your major (e.g., describe what you learned from this experience in the context of specific courses)
- I learned about different applications that each company uses. It made me aware of different applications that each firm uses from payroll to storing confidential information of the customers. My work usually helped the company to avoid financial risks and controls were checked in compliance with SOX Act. It is related to my major, as this work exposed me to different applications and SQL(MIS 2502) helped a lot because most of the testing that I did had SQL queries and I could verify if the results were right or not and was able to check how the client obtained the result for the control. The material from IT Enterprise Architecture(MIS 3406) class helped me with understanding things faster about VM machines and other useful things like firewalls which contributed a lot towards understanding the client diagrams for their systems. Data Centric Application development(MIS 2402) was helpful in a way that I was not overwhelmed when I saw coding and I was able to interpret the codes and understand what was happening.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.