Strategy, Mission Planning & Analysis Intern
- Strategy, Mission Planning & Analysis Intern at Five Below (Philadelphia, PA)
- Executed cross-functional User Acceptance Testing in Jira across areas like merchandising, vendor relations, and supply for the implementation of Bamboo Rose New Item Set-Up software. Created project timelines, process maps, status dashboards, strategy analyses, and slide decks to support the project management team and PwC change management consultants. Developed technical training materials and documentation alongside the Information Technology department to effectively upskill stakeholders during the project’s pilot go-live.
- Contributed to a software implementation project, titled Project Panda, which involved the implementation of the Bamboo Rose product lifecycle management application to address Five Below’s need for innovation within its merchandising, product development, and operations departments. My role included duties accomplished by project management, product management, quality assurance, and change management consulting professionals. During my time at the company, I created a vendor rollout analysis for Phase 1 of the project’s go-live using Excel, helped identify bugs in the Bamboo Rose system in Jira, and created mock-up reports for dashboards that will be present in the software for the company to use.
- Throughout my ten-week experience, I picked up technical skills including Jira Issue Management, advanced Excel formulas, and experience with the product lifecycle management system Bamboo Rose. In terms of soft skills and further knowledge, I learned about change management from the company’s external PwC consultants, immersed myself in the world of Retail/Merchandising, and developed stronger project/product management skills from senior leadership within the company like my direct manager, the Senior Director of Product Management.
- Once approved, the description is automatically displayed in a post on your e-portfolio.